Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Rock and a Hard Place

A Rock and a Hard Place


This is the last of the Folsom photos I plan to post for now, so I thought it would be appropriate to have one that depicted part of what was actually going on at Folsom, which was a whole lot of sexually-charged activity.

As I've said before, one of the challenges of shooting Folsom was that it's very easy to just shoot all these people being nude and/or sexual just because it's not something you see every day. Man bites dog (I might have actually seen this at Folsom) and all that. I wasn't after this -- I wanted to find images that worked for me, and this is one.

The thing is, I still don't understand why it does. A lot of my friends I've shown this too have liked (or loved) it, though they similarly can't articulate the dynamic either. I just look at it, and the pieces fall into place. It felt like a strong note to end the series on.

If you're interested in the rest of my favorites from the Folsom Street Fair, you can find them here, and if you want the complete set, I also have those available. Please note: these sets contain images which are not generally considered safe for work -- caveat spectator.

No comments:

Post a Comment