Thursday, November 4, 2010

Woken Furies

Woken Furies


I went to Día de los Muertos in the city Tuesday night, excited to see it, especially since I missed the religious festival up in the Mission on Monday (e.g., the Feast Day of All Giants). I brought along my flash, diffuser, and TTL cable, since it seemed ideal for doing portraits of celebrants in the parade. More on when this did and didn't work in a later post, but basically here I angled my flash from below to give the girls here scarier, more horror-show light. Love their outfits, and their expressions -- while it was a lot of fun, definitely a lot scarier for me than Halloween.

If you live in the Bay Area (or any place that celebrates it), I highly recommend going to Día de los Muertos -- very cool, and very unlike a lot of other events I've seen.

1 comment: