Monday, November 8, 2010

Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter

This is another one from the Day of the Dead. I shot this guy, because he had one of Those Looks. By this point in the parade, I had almost given up on using my flash (all those candles). I tried a compromise where I fired it mainly up in the air with just the bounce card up -- hoping to get some definition on the eyes, while still catching the flavor of the light. At the time I shot this, I thought there would be some sort of contrast between the guy with The Look and the more normal looking guy in the foreground. Unfortunately, things were moving fast -- I chopped off that guy, and the woman really up front (it was dark, to be fair). The result is way better than I planned though. This image is disquieting -- there's a sort of triangular current to the composition, and the everything about it is creepier and tenser than I hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment