Sunday, January 2, 2011

Four by Five

Four by Five


I'm in New Orleans for New Year's, and I shot this right outside of my hotel on Bourbon. Very cloudy day, with the light pretty soft everywhere. Noticed people walking single file by this building, and caught them as they were spaced just show.

I went to college in New Orleans back in the mid-90s, before I had any interest in photography. Now that I do, all I can say is: Wow, is this place ever a gold mine for a street photographer. I'm going to have to do some research on Flickr to find out who all is shooting here, and what their stuff looks like.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. It reminds me of Abbey Road. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Abbey Road here as well. Cool photo, nice processing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the weird thing is, I didn't even know what you were talking about until I looked up the album cover!

    Brad: If you've never been to New Orleans, I highly recommend you visit, even (or especially) if you do nothing more than take photos of the people.

    ReplyDelete