Friday, November 25, 2011

Shop Till You Drop

Shop Till You Drop

My girlfriend messaged me from a Wal-Mart in North Carolina last night, where she was with her sister, waiting for Black Friday. I asked her what it was like, and she texted back:

"Hell."

Earlier in the day, I'd been to Whole Foods to Thanksgiving supplies, and it was like a scene out of a bourgie Bosch painting, so I suddenly was filled with visions of how it could get worse. So, I went to the local Target and Wal-Mart around 12:15. I figured to get the good rush pictures, I'd need to be inside first -- so no point in standing in line. I had to use my iPhone to remain unobtrusive, and this made things very touch and go -- even the 4s struggles to get a usable shutter speed in 'Wal-Mart light'. But when it worked, it *really* worked -- the stuff I saw was just total madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment