Monday, June 21, 2010

The Rush

The Rush

I took this at the Fourth and King Caltrain station, which frequently has a lot of nice light. This was on an overcast afternoon, and I noticed that my 28mm was "acting up" as I shot into the light. I've complained about it before -- probably the worst Nikon prime I've ever owned, but also one of my favorite lenses. Here, there was a lot of "fogging" as I shot into a bright light, drifting into the frame and messing with the contrast. I felt like this was an interesting visual effect, and it ended up working for me here.

I guess a lens hood could help clamp down on this effect, but I almost never shoot with them, particularly when on the street -- I feel like they instantly make your camera more noticeable, and people start assuming you're some kind of professional. Not exactly what I want. On the other hand, if you're trying to sneak into an event, the lens hood might help you pass as someone who should have a press pass. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment