Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Best in Show

Best in Show

One thing about street photography is that it requires a certain amount of social heedlessness at times. Some people who I know take a few drinks before shooting stuff on the street -- I generally try to get in a place where I'm just lost in the feel of the hunt for good pictures. But it's one of those things like being up high -- don't look down, or you might get freaked out about what would happen if you fall.

I wonder if the people at Folsom feel this way. I've never really been into any sort of sexual scene (for lack of a better word), so I wonder how it happens that you wake up one morning and decide that your partner is going to walk you around on a leash like a pig. Maybe it's just the most natural thing in the world. "Honey, I'm the pig this week!", but I have to think there's a certain state of mind that's required to pull something like this off.

I was telling my best friend about Folsom, and he quipped that he had been lead to believe it was a festival for celebrating your compulsions.

I think I fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment